[TUHS] off-topic list
gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sun Jun 24 09:31:06 AEST 2018
On 06/23/2018 03:21 PM, Michael Parson wrote:
> The first rule in my .procmailrc does this with formail:
That works well for many. But it does not work at all for me.
There are many additional factors that I have to consider:
- I use different email addresses for different things.
- Replies come to one email address.
- Emails from the mailing list come to a different address.
- Replies are direct and arrive sooner.
- Emails from the mailing list are indirect and arrive later.
This means that the emails I get from the mailing list are to different
addresses than message that were CCed directly to me.
- I want the copy from the mailing list.
- I want to not arbitrarily toss the direct reply in case the message
never arrives from the mailing list.
> Doesn't move duplicates to the trash, it just prevents multiple copies
> of the same message-id from being delivered at all. The 8192 specfies
> how large of a cache (stored in ~/.msgid.cache) of message-ids to keep
> track of.
In light of the above facts, I can't simply reject subsequent copies of
Message-IDs as that does not accomplish the aforementioned desires.
I also want to move the existing message to the Trash folder instead of
blindly removing it so that I have the option of going to Trash and
recovering it via my MUA if I feel the need or desire to do so.
What I do is quite likely extremely atypical. But it does what I want.
I have my own esoteric reasons (some are better than others) for doing
what I do. I'm happy to share if anyone is interested.
Grant. . . .
unix || die
More information about the TUHS