[TUHS] Some notes on running UNIX v6 in 2015, using SimH and a healthy dose of documentation
Greg 'groggy' Lehey
grog at lemis.com
Fri Dec 4 10:52:05 AEST 2015
On Thursday, 3 December 2015 at 10:42:00 -0500, Noel Chiappa wrote:
> E.g. switching processes probably requires a fair amount, since one
> needs to know about internal CPU registers, etc;
And there you missed your cue :-) From swtch() in sys/ken/slp.c:
* If the new process paused because it was
* swapped out, set the stack level to the last call
* to savu(u_ssav). This means that the return
* which is executed immediately after the call to aretu
* actually returns from the last routine which did
* the savu.
* You are not expected to understand this.
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.
See complete headers for address and phone numbers.
This message is digitally signed. If your Microsoft MUA reports
problems, please read http://tinyurl.com/broken-mua
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 181 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the TUHS