[pdp7-unix] "original-commands" branch

Phil Budne phil at ultimate.com
Tue Oct 29 11:51:58 AEST 2019

Lars wrote re: make
> I agree to keep it portable.

For now, that ship has sailed... The Makefiles have GNUisms, and I'm
not inclined to move things in either direction.  I brought it up only
because I mentioned that my knowledge of non-portable features is
small...  It's not possible to build a lot of open software without
GNU make (SimH uses it), and OSX threw in that towel a while ago and
made gmake the default.

This isn't my repo, I'm just trying to help things along because
Warren can't devote time to the project right now.