[pdp7-unix] Ken Thompson & 3D Tic-Tac-Toe

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Mon Oct 28 17:08:04 AEST 2019

Phil Budne wrote:
> Ken Thompson put the dictionary in its current form in 1978.

Wow, good catch!  I  didn't consider his game would have  left much of a
footprint, but now that I do search  I find some things.  Maybe I'm just
late to the game?

https://www.bell-labs.com/usr/dmr/www/ken-games.html

  "A graphical-interface 3D tic-tac-toe program (4x4x4) run with the
  light pen. Later, Ken had some interaction with Ron Graham and
  especially Oren Patashnik about strategy for the game, but didn't
  pursue this especially. The game was later solved as a win for the
  first player (Patashnik, 1980)."