[pdp7-unix] use of tabs

Sebastian Rasmussen sebras at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 11:56:39 AEST 2019

> This project is as much archeology as it is science.

I mostly see archaeology, but I enjoy it. :)

> I find it helpful to approach everything with curiousity knowing that
> answers, even when the authors are still living may no longer be
> available. For example, Ken couldn't remember how ls could list the
> current directory, but the newly arrived ls listing seems to depend on
> ".."!

Indeed, transcribing and making sense of the existing code is
part puzzle and part discovery.

> My personal preference is to replicate the files visually, and I've
> used spaces to achieve this, including entering unindented code
> without any identation.

This is my approach too. Hence I keep the indentation as is, whether
it is none, 1 space, 2 space or 3 spaces. If the owners of the git repo
asks me to differently I'll adapt of course. And I trust that most people
here are able to reindent text files to their own liking. :)

 / Sebastian