[pdp7-unix] use of tabs

Phil Budne phil at ultimate.com
Thu Oct 24 07:12:31 AEST 2019

> So the machine used to
> print the source code seems not to be well behaved.

Or indentation was simply irregular.

This project is as much archeology as it is science.

I find it helpful to approach everything with curiousity knowing that
answers, even when the authors are still living may no longer be
available. For example, Ken couldn't remember how ls could list the
current directory, but the newly arrived ls listing seems to depend on
".."!

My personal preference is to replicate the files visually, and I've
used spaces to achieve this, including entering unindented code
without any identation.