[pdp7-unix] use of tabs

Phil Budne phil at ultimate.com
Mon Oct 21 00:47:55 AEST 2019

Angelo wrote:

> I think we can be 99.9999% sure that they did not use spaces for
> indentation.

It's not an unreasonable guess, but you're only willing to believe you
have a one in ten million chance of being wrong?

And even if the files really had tabs, I might be willing to stick
with spaces for visual verisimilitude.  I always hope there's a special
place in hell for people who change their tab settings, and expect you
to do so as well to have their files display "reasonably"

It's an item I'd put on a list of things to ask people who were there,
along with where various sources might have lived.  But I'd rather not
see Ken (Thompson) and Doug (McIlroy) badgered by lots of people....