[pdp7-unix] moo and debugging assembly in unix v0

Bob Supnik bob at supnik.org
Sun Oct 20 21:53:21 AEST 2019

Will,

As Phil said, SimH has extensive debugging facilities, including
unlimited breakpoints, history capture and display (up to 65K
instructions), single and "n" stepping, state save and restore, etc. V4
added extensive scripting and EXPECT capabilities too.

My usual debugging technique is to put a breakpoint where I think things
get interesting, run until there, SAVE, step or run forward to see what
happens, "rewind" time by RESTORE, try again, etc.

/Bob