[pdp7-unix] use of tabs

Angelo Papenhoff aap at papnet.eu
Sun Oct 20 17:12:09 AEST 2019

On 20/10/19, Phil Budne via pdp7-unix wrote:
> I see tabs have been used in many of the new files for indentation.
> The original files look to have used three spaces most of the time,
> and I think it's more authentic to exactly reproduce the files.
>
> In the original batch of files, I tried to only uses tabs when I added
> "annotation" comments to the files -- either notes about hand written
> notes, or comments added to explain the code, so they could be
> stripped away if desired.
>
> Thoughts?

I think we can be 99.9999% sure that they did not use spaces for
indentation. Rather the device they used for printout was set to 3
spaces per tab. That's why my transcriptions use tabs, but spaces are
acceptable as well of course if you want the files to look exactly like
on paper. For the files in the src directory however tabs should be
used.

aap