[pdp7-unix] PDP-7 Unix Shell, Space Travel

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Fri Oct 18 12:58:16 AEST 2019

All, another pile of PDP-7 Unix source code has been found, and it's
now here as the new PDF files:
https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/Research/McIlroy_v0/

Check the Readme for details. Robert Swierczek has already put his hand
up to transcribe some of the files.

  Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 18:49:13 -0400
  From: Robert Swierczek
  Subject: Re: PDP-7 Unix Shell, B Interpreter

  Awesome!  At first glance, the t program doesn't look to me like a B
  interpreter, but what it is I have no clue.  It definitely looks like
  some kind of compiler generation/parsing tool, perhaps a precursor to
  TMG?  I believe compiler writing systems were a hot research area
  around that time.  I will continue aggressive research (googling).

  Rob

and Phil Budne says:

  From: Phil Budne

  Now to see if I can restrain myself from spending all my time typing
  things in!!  If others are interested in typing, maybe break it up so
  there isn't too much duplication (tho some is helpful in dicovering
  typos or spots that may have been misinterpreted).

  I'm not sure we ever debugged every program from the first batch
  (tho some are for things like RJE to the GECOS system)!

So let's use this existing mailing list to co-ordinate the work on the
scans. I've asked Phil if he would like to take over the care and feeding
of the https://github.com/DoctorWkt/pdp7-unix repo, as I won't be able to
devote much time to this new effort.

Cheers, Warren