[Unix-jun72] ... in case you wanted to play along.
newsham at lava.net
Fri May 2 17:03:01 EDT 2008
Here's the current status on how to use the files:
- svn to the latest version
- install v7 binaries somewhere (ie /tmp/v7)
- install apout somewhere (ie /tmp/apout2.3alpha2)
- update paths in tools/assemv7
- compile tools/ml.c into tools/ml
- build simh's pdp11 emulator using brad's patches at
install into tools/pdp11
- run ./tools/assemv7 to make files in build/*
- run ./simh.cfg to run the emulator
- type "go" to start it
- type "go" at the first halt to continue writing over your rf0 disk
- after waiting for a while, type control-e and then "det rf" and
- you should now have some data written over your rf0.dsk image.
- continue debugging the cold boot process. This should eventually
let us install a full root disk image from the kernel and a
tape construct with 1972_stuff s2 /bin and /etc files.
- get a working mkfs and use it to build and populate the rk03 disk
with the 1972_stuff s2 /usr files.
- continue debugging the kernel to boot the rf0 disk and mount the
rk03 disk on /usr.
More information about the Unix-jun72